Article Marketing Resource Box Tips and Tricks
Article marketing is a great way to promote your business IF you know what you are trying to accomplish! Using your resource box to generate the action that you want is vital to your article marketing success.
When you are using a high quality article site like Ezine Articles, it is best to put no more than a couple of html keyword links in the body of your article. Additionally, you are prohibited from selling in the body of your article. So what are you doing all this writing for then? If you do not know how to make a hyperlink, please visit our page on Top 10 Internet Tools – Learn to make hyperlinks.
What you are doing article marketing for is to have the resource box at the bottom! This is the area that must be copied along with the rest of the article when people post it on their websites. In the resource box you CAN sell but make sure that your goal is clear. DO NOT use your phone number as a call to action if you are like me and hate to talk on the phone. If you are great on the email, use your email as a way for people to reach you.
Here are some top resource box tips and tricks for action items!
- Add your phone number (I KNOW, I already said that but some people skim and I did not want them to miss it)
- Add a link to your newsletter signup page
- Offer a free ebook or whitepaper if they sign up for your email list
- Send them to your sales page with your products and services listed
- Sent them to a page on your site with affiliate links (most quality sites do not allow direct linking to affiliate pages)
- Shoot them over to your facebook page to get more fans or likes
- Ask them to follow you on twitter
You can obviously see a theme here! Somehow you need to use the article to get them to a place where they will allow you to continue to “market” to them on an ongoing basis going forward.
What NOT to include in your RESOURCE BOX from Ezine Articles:
- A listing of every website you own. There is no faster way to dilute your credibility than by posting a half dozen irrelevant URLs that have nothing to do with each other. Best to only post ONE URL that is related to the topic of your article.
- A listing of every accomplishment you’ve achieved to date. No one cares. Keep your resource box brief and to the point. Yes, your resource box should be benefit oriented so that the reader finds value in reading it rather than your ego being justified.
- Advertisements or pitches for products that are not relevant to the topic of your article.
- Keep the size of your resource box so that it’s no larger than 15% of your total article size. Too often I see resource boxes that are 50% of the size of the total article and this is abusive.
Information about what not to include comes from the article Article Marketing 101: The Perfect Author Resource Box by Christopher Knight. When I was just starting with article marketing I used many of these tips and was happy to share Christophers tips with you!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.